Last night, I went to a dinner hosted by some product reps from my job. We see a lot of burn patients in my clinic, and the new products that were presented during the dinner are meant to continue to aid in their healing. While it was great to learn about some new products that we will hopefully be using in our clinic, I confess that I was more excited about the free dinner! It’s hard to pass up a delicious and tender filet mignon, especially when you don’t have to pay for it :) We went to Mason Street Grill and I was definitely not disappointed.
I had been saving this recipe to post after a night when I wasn’t able to make dinner; I just didn’t realize it was going to be so soon! I had been looking forward to making these yummy chicken parmesan wraps for a long time, and I finally got around to trying it out last week. I LOVE chicken parmesan in any and every form it comes in, and a wrap form was an easy choice.
I’ve used the Flat Out flatbread wraps plenty of times before for a quick and easy lunch with deli meat, cheese, and veggies, or as yummy dinner stuffed with chicken caesar salad. There are so many different flavors and variations of flatbread that are offered, including “light” versions and gluten-free versions. They’re a great alternative to plain sandwich bread. I always use the Flat Out Light because they only have 2 WW Smart Points (hard to beat that), and they’re still full of flavor.
The key to making these delicious wraps is making sure that the filling is warm before you stuff them. Because you’re only cooking them on a pan for a short amount of time, it’s really only enough time to warm the wrap and seal it all together. So pre-warming the filling is a must, otherwise you’re eating a warm wrap and cold filling- gross. I made extra chicken when I made my chicken and wild rice soup and just kept it in the refrigerator until I was ready to make the wraps. Making the chicken ahead of time made this a quick and easy weeknight meal. I paired them with my oven baked potato chips for a light and filling dinner.
Chicken Parmesan Wraps
Servings: 2 wraps
- 1 1/2 cups (4.5 oz) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (I use Prego Light)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 2 Flatout flatbread wraps (I used Light Original flavor)
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken, marinara sauce, and Italian seasoning. Microwave for about 90 seconds, or until heated through.
- Lay out the flatbreads. Sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese in the middle of each of the flatbreads. Top with chicken mixture. Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Fold the short ends of the flatbreads in toward the middle. Then fold in the longer ends to make a closed wrap.
- Spray a medium sized saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Once pan is hot, place wraps onto pan seam side down. Cook for about 2 minutes and flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cut in half.
Inspired by: Two Healthy Kitchens